drag link / centre rod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
booked car in for a wheel alignment today, get told the draglink is stuffed again!! :pissedoff:hmm replaced that not long ago, yep just on 12 months, rang superior, 2 year 40000km warranty, just had to order the new one then send the old on back! hopfully they refund me though!:deadhorse2:

cheers
bryan

That sucks ,mine is doing ok i have 180,000K`s and i dont think its ever been changed. but the again i dont think it was used as a 4x4 before i bought it at 150,000K, might be worth conjuring up a stronger one, there is somoene who upgrades them for a fee, but you need to send in the one you have and wait till he returns it, cant for the life of me find or remember them though.

grassroots4x4, easier to buy a drag link from the US (for about $60) and ship it directly to the guy who mods them for a fee ($230ish?) and then you dont have send yours from Australia which costs a fortune. People on here have done it, I have only read about it.

Thanks dany might give that a try:rambo:

Shorty I have thought about the grassroots option but something in the back of my mine says no to it, I like idea and I think it would fix a lot of issues, just the no ADR app doesn't sit right with me.

Cheers
Bryan

me neither to be honest, i do like the idea of never having to worry about it again though.

It may never be an issue but there is always that chance it could fail! Some one in aus needs to make them and get them adr approved!

It may never be an issue but there is always that chance it could fail! Some one in aus needs to make them and get them adr approved!

They would be flat out for at least a couple of months just on Nissan, and making a good $$ as well.

This is from the QLD transport QCOP legislation

Draglink
Draglink specific requirements are:

A new draglink may be manufactured provided that it is one continuous length of
material between end fittings and the selected material is suitable for the design and
method of manufacture; and

Sectioning and re-welding of the draglink must always be performed in accordance with
the processes and controls described in this section.

Probs okay by ADR for grassroots4x4 conversion?

This is from the QLD transport QCOP legislation

Draglink
Draglink specific requirements are:

A new draglink may be manufactured provided that it is one continuous length of
material between end fittings and the selected material is suitable for the design and
method of manufacture; and

Sectioning and re-welding of the draglink must always be performed in accordance with
the processes and controls described in this section.

Probs okay by ADR for grassroots4x4 conversion?

Thanks for the info shorty, where did you find that?

cheers
bryan

So superior credited the full amount of everything, drag link and freight from and back to them, so im pretty happh about that, I am going to look into the grassroot link a little more for next time.

Cheers
Bryan

Good result from superior, let us know how you go with the Grassroots mob as I may end up having to head that way myself.

For the non facebookers BTW i am in no way affiliated with these guys just putting it out there that there is a fix to the shitty steering, i Will be gettng one of these soon.

perf.JPG

perf2.JPG

Cheers
Bryan

04silver u just beat me to it.
$250 and draglink problems r fixed.
I'm ordering mine tomorrow. And maybe a diff drop kit down the track. Nice to see an Aussie built sus/steering upgrade that's reasonably priced!

Is the main drag link different as in stronger. I can see the tie rods are beefed up. I'd be in on a group buy for the tie rods and drag link.
I have reservations on lowering the diff as it will just hang down to standard hight. The truck looks higher in the wheel arches, but the hight is really still the same as standard if you lower the diff. I have 3 inches in the front of my D22 and I parked beside a D40 with a Calmini lift kit installed and the clearance under my diff to the D40's was a good 2inches higher due to the Calmini kit in the D40 lowering the front diff. It hardly makes it worth it other than for fitting bigger tyres. If the D22 kit can lower the diff but still keep it above the lowest point on the chassis than it would be well worth it but I can't see if that is possible.
My thoughts anyway.
Cheers Brad.

Oh man my new draglink from snake racing just turned up today, talk about bad timing lol
I could be keen for a group buy also if the draglink is HD

Latest posts

Back