D22 rear springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What d22 rear springs

• Total voters
Hows that for after sales service
Well done ironman

yep pretty good huh, he is pretty keen to see whats going on with them so im happy to help.

yeah after so many bad reports about sax (apart from Rustys) they wernt even an option and the $$ they cost too, great concept but.

cheers
bryan

well after a few messages backs and forwards witb matt, he has advised me whatever brand I go witb I should be looking at HD constant load spring rather than the comfort style ones that are in there. so hats off to him for the help!

now just to workout what brand to get!!

cheers
bryan

I put an Ironman kit in my D21, the "performance" kit as they named it, which is for +250kg loads, i was perfectly happy with the rear actually running around with an empty rear tub, loaded it was great too (2 dirt bikes, tent, shade awning, all camping and riding gear, 40L of fuel for bikes and a full tank of juice). The torsion bars weren;t too bad either, gave me more spring and flex than whatever was in there prior (which i think had been wound up so many times it lost all flex whatsoever!)

So if i did it all over again (which i might coz my D22's current setup isn't great) i'd be happy to use the Ironman springs, but i'd maybe go for either foam cell or some sort of adjustable shocks to pair them with

So who has the Blue max HD springs? (apart from unknown) how are they performing, how do they go with little weight in the back?

cheers
bryan

Hey Bryan i fitted the efs comfort springs as i don't have alot of weight in the back but i tow a heavy trailer daily and my van has a ball weight of 150kg.

A mate with a 09 22 fitted constant load efs and the damm thing is as rough as guts without weight but given what your old girl has it will be ok you need to have constant weight for the spring to work well.

Surprisingly the comfort springs handle all my towing with ease compared to stock what can i say Zordo told me some people put sandbags in the back with c/load springs when they are unladen to take away the harshness.

When last on the weighbridge my 22 is 2.1 tonne i have tried to keep the weight down as it tows 90% of the time i know you are north of Brissie but give Zordo a ring he will tell you the honest truth and a damm good price.

John

thanks for you input john,

I did some rough weighing today, once i put the fibre glass canopy on i will have about 200kg on the back 24/7, that draws, fridge, toolbox, water, canopy, recovery gear air comp and other random stuff so i really think constant load springs will be the way to go.

cheers
bryan

Spoke with john from zordo's today, Im pretty keen on giving the blue max a go, EFS shocks were talked about but will confirm in a few weeks when i order it.

Cheers
Bryan

I can honestly say John at Zordos is one of the best guy's i have dealt with he knows what he speaks about and his service and price cannot be matched.

Spoke with john from zordo's today, Im pretty keen on giving the blue max a go, EFS shocks were talked about but will confirm in a few weeks when i order it.

Cheers
Bryan

If you can allow in the budget some better shocks like the Bilsteins then do it. I ran efs up front for a while and they were good. I did some more upgrading of the front end and installed bilstien shocks and they were impressive. Even with the calmini arms installed the car is still completely stable and firm on response.

yeah rusty im thinking bilseins up front at least, john basically said that the rear doesnt need much because the leaves do most of the work.

bryan

still deciding on what to get but it will be happening in the next few weeks, what are people thoughts on toughdog springs and shocks?

cheers
bryan

I have Toughdog all round and cant fault them, in saying that i have not had to comare them to anything other then warn out stock shite. i enjoy the ride i have and have no interest in changing other then maybe the Socks to 3" Ranchos

I have the EFS comfort leafs in the back with bilsteins all round. Works very well unladen but even better fully laden. When camping I tow a trailer full aswell as a full canopy and it handles great. Previously had EFS heavy duty leafs on the bravo and worked well too

Running the sax 3sds springs. A lot of negative feedback about them on here but I've never had any issues. It comes down to correct fitting and correct spring shock combination.

That's interesting that you say it comes down to correct spring shock combination. I bought the prime xp shocks that John told me were the right combination and they ride like shit, and whats more sax aren't interested in trying the rectify the problem.

So i ordered bluemax HD leaves and EFS shocks from Zordo tonight, I would have really like Bilsteins but funds just dont allow them at the moment. Will let you know how i go.

Cheers
Bryan

Bluemax H/D springs are in, just waiting on the shocks to arive, first impressions seem good, the springs are alot smoother than the last ones, doesnt feel as jolty in the back, also gains 50mm more height of the the ironman springs! still flexs good it not better too, got a tinny bit of tailshaft shudder on take off. check the pics in my build thread link below.

Cheers
Bryan

I have Toughdog all round and cant fault them, in saying that i have not had to comare them to anything other then warn out stock shite. i enjoy the ride i have and have no interest in changing other then maybe the Socks to 3" Ranchos

Honestly cant remember, i think they were rated for between 150-300Kg`s id have to check the reciept in the glove box.

Thought I'd add to this thread since it's the latest reference that I can find to SAX springs...

I know that people here have said they have had a tough time of it with SAX products and after sales service; they sound like pretty awful experiences too. I posted once before about how my experience with SAX was great; the ride comfort (as compared to factory set up), price and service I received was great. In response to that post I was accused of working for them and other such rubbish, but I just want to give credit where credit is due. I looked under my ute last week and saw that the front passenger side shock was blown. I filled out the warranty claim form on the net and was called later that afternoon to bring it in next week (today). I have just returned home after John took one look and said, yep no problem, we'll replace it under warranty. Only complaint I have, and it's nothing really, is that the guy I spoke to on the phone said they would repair it while I waited, but when I was there today, John said that the part is on back order and will be there in a week or two, so it cost me 90 minutes for a 10 second inspection and I'll have to return in another couple of weeks, no big deal really. So while its not repaired yet, I am confident that it will be. I'm not trying to take away from other people's experiences, I'm just saying that my dealings with SAX have always been positive.

Final update: Just had the shock replaced under warranty, no probs at all. Also got them to adjust the torsion bars up a little as well and look over the rest of the suspension while it was on the hoist. They did that too for no extra.

Back