Rims and tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too dark outside now, il check what my rims are tomorrow for ya aido.
Iv heard that tyres like the simex tread pattern only last about 10,000k.
Is that true?

Could be Stef, they are very aggressive and soft.

Most aren't road legal at all either I think?

I really didn't think it would be this difficult to get a second pair of boots.
Had three quotes this week for 4 off Sunraysia rims (or similar) fitted with an equal amount of Maxxis Bighorns.
1st quote - unknown he hasn't called me back. Mind you I was at his counter asking the question on Monday. He was busy and took my number but alas hasn't done anything with it.
2nd Quote - Steel rims $140 ea tyres $360 ea. -------> $2000 !!!!!!!
3rd Quote - $1790. This one I challenged for a break down on pricing and the sales fella couldn't give me exact pricing even though he had just rung his wheel distributor and Maxxis distributor. I basically said it was way too high based on the fact that Sunraysia rims are $110 a piece and I wouldn't expect to pay more than $280 per tyre. His mate at the counter then went onto the computer and agreed with me that in their own warehouse they had them in stock and that Maxxis must have made a mistake because list price was $276 ea. Turned and left when I was offered a "deal" of $1550 the lot. I pointed out that was RRP and wasn't a deal at all and left.

So have Maxxis given these a price increase or is there some sort of glitch there?
I budgeted $1500 for some weekend boots and I reckon thats a pretty fair price to pay. Am I dreaming?

Did you call the number i pm'ed you last night re bighorns?

Not today. Was trying the places closer to home first. Will call tomorrow and see what he has to say.
Called into a local business here that builds trailers, campers and such. They buy steel Dynamic rims in bulk but only in Ford 5 stud. The fella there is going to chase down a price for me tomorrow on rims and apparently they do a good price. :victory:

I dont know if its what you want, but i bought these rims second hand 3 are white and i had 1 powder coated black because it was my spare. The others were meant to be for a trailer i was going to build, but scrapped that idea.

They look like from an earlier model nav, look flat faced.

Let me know if you want them aido otherwise i will put them up for sale.
Really cheap price too.

I would check with your local Bob Jane or Beaurepairs as they do alot of change overs for the local dealerships and the RX rims are swapped over all the time. If that is what your after you may pick them up fairly cheap and with tyres so you could then sell yours and make money.

That's got to be good

I dont know if its what you want, but i bought these rims second hand 3 are white and i had 1 powder coated black because it was my spare. The others were meant to be for a trailer i was going to build, but scrapped that idea.

They look like from an earlier model nav, look flat faced.

Let me know if you want them aido otherwise i will put them up for sale.
Really cheap price too.

Whats your price Steff?
If I dont take em someone else might.
Sorry I didn't get onto this sooner.

Latest posts

Back