reverse light wire

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
Hi all,

have done a bit of a search but did find what i wanted

installed a reverse camera and screen today, got the camera powered up from the revers light wire under the back of the tub which is fine,

but i want the screen to only come on in reverse as well, is there any easy place to find in a D22 for revers light power to do this?

there was some mention of a plug or loom under the drivers seat?

cheers

bryan

Also if any one is familiar with the cheap screens what is the green wire for on the cable to the screen?

I believe from other posts the D22 still uses a switch on the side of the gearbox, you may have to come off that switch and into the cabin. From memory it's on the drivers side of the gearbox.

Have you got the manual?

I found the switch in the manual and tried chasing the wires but was in the middle of another job at the time and got taken off course and forgot to get back to it., but the switch is clearly shown in the electrical system section.

It's under the electrical and it traces either to or from E51 (from memory). If the switch isn't E51 E51 is a little box of some sort near the drivers side firewall but I can't remember what they call it.

Hi all,

have done a bit of a search but did find what i wanted

installed a reverse camera and screen today, got the camera powered up from the revers light wire under the back of the tub which is fine,

but i want the screen to only come on in reverse as well, is there any easy place to find in a D22 for revers light power to do this?

there was some mention of a plug or loom under the drivers seat?

cheers

bryan

Also if any one is familiar with the cheap screens what is the green wire for on the cable to the screen?

Hey Brian if it's like mine on the main cable it's the switching wire, in my case I pick reverse the power from the reverse lights power up that wire and switches my screen on.

Yeah worked out the green wire you put it to the 12 from the reverse light and it turn the screen on when you put it in reverse. just got to find the reverse light feed in the cab. might end up running one from the back yet!

bryan

So today i followed the wiring from the tub in to the car, the reverse light wire is in the white plug under the seat and i the red wire with the black trace, this is where i picked up the feed for the reverse camera screen so the screen comes on when you put it into reverse.

oh and for anyone who wants to know the reverse camera kit is an aldi one http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_20050.htm although i picked mine up second hand and it came with the book.

here are some pics of the connectors
this is the one under the seat and the reverse light wire
2012-11-13_15_48_17.jpg

and this one is on the passenger side behind the kick pannel in the a pillar, the white with gold dots has power with the ing. on
2012-11-13_16_11_41.jpg

Cheers
bryan

Last edited:
So today i followed the wiring from the tub in to the car, the reverse light wire is in the white plug under the seat and i the red wire with the black trace, this is where i picked up the feed for the reverse camera screen so the screen comes on when you put it into reverse.

oh and for anyone who wants to know the reverse camera kit is an aldi one http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_20050.htm although i picked mine up second hand and it came with the book.

here are some pics of the connectors
this is the one under the seat and the reverse light wire
2012-11-13_15_48_17.jpg

and this one is on the passenger side behind the kick pannel in the a pillar, the white with gold dots has power with the ing. on
2012-11-13_16_11_41.jpg

Cheers
bryan

Thanks for that mate, made finding a trigger wire for my reverse lights very easy!

Latest posts

Back