Front flares

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahooody

Reaction score
On the weekend had a run in with a mud wall in some ruts and smashed my bull bar in a little bit I have bent it back out and looks sweet as but it pushed the flare up and has popped a clip out I think it's ripped the clip if anyone can help by telling me the best way to get the whole flare or so I can fix the clip I would really appretiate it. I also lost the bead in tyre to and rolled It off the rim no other choose but to continue for another km down hill to find a flat spot. Good times haha.

Thanks for the help in advance.

maybe plastic weld it, i used to plastic weld my fairings on my race bike all the time, its strong as. didn't someone on here say the flare was like $380 unpainted?

Last edited:
I've got the 2009 D22 ST-R, lost my driver side wheel flare in a trench incident.

To get the flare off, there should be screws along the arch holding black plastic onto the flare, unscrew those, and then you should be able to slide the arch (not sure which way to slide, most likely towards the front of the vehicle) to bring it off the plastic clips. Here's some pics of my broken arch, may give you some idea.

Picasa Album: Trench Damage!

Thanks buddy that should help I'll be havin a crack at it 2mrw. Did you end up buying a new flare

Did you have to purchase new clips for the flare, the white ones that slide into the flare assembly? The reason i ask is it seems one of them has let go on my rear left flare just below the fuel filler door leaving an ugly gap. If so i was wondering whether Nissan sells them separate of a new flare assembly or did you just go to your local panel shop? Thanks.

Attachments

• D22 Flare clip.JPG
    D22 Flare clip.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 205
clips

those pins for flares are about 2 or 3 dollars each bought them from nissan about 3 weeks ago just check what 1 you need there the same except for 1 on each flare the odd 1 is yellow the rest are white the flares pop of easy can be handy to have heatgun when putting it back on helps to soften the strip between flare and body hotglue gun works for the strip if it came away from flare

i refibreglassed my mounts back onto the flare when i stripped them all off.

those pins for flares are about 2 or 3 dollars each bought them from nissan about 3 weeks ago just check what 1 you need there the same except for 1 on each flare the odd 1 is yellow the rest are white the flares pop of easy can be handy to have heatgun when putting it back on helps to soften the strip between flare and body hotglue gun works for the strip if it came away from flare

It looks like i will need a few more of those pins now. Went out wheeling yesterday and pinched the front mudflap between a rock and the wheel whilst reversing and ripped the drivers side front flare clean off. Ill have to learn or get someone to fiberglass the 3 broken mounts back onto the inside of the flare like Joshy did as finding one second hand has been near impossible and a new one expensive.

Latest posts

Back