Moving the ECU

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
So seeing as the ECU in a d22 is in the shittest spot ever ive been thinking about moving it, not the I have ever had to much water in the car and hopefully never will it's just a piece of mind thing.

I had my ecu out the other day and it looks like there could be enough cable to maybe move it behind the glove box ( yet to pull GB to check for space) so my question is would it be and issue having the ecu mounted verticaly? i can't see one my i thought i would through the question out there!

Cheers
Bryan

you should be able to waterproof this ecu box and leads coming out by either fitting a strong balloon over it or try silicon to all sides of the ecu box and the wire harness end that goes into box . another good way would be to make up a clear perspex box so the ecu fits inside then fit the lid and silicon the leads so its waterproof.

Where ever you put it just make sure it's earthed. Shouldn't seal it up thou ,it has a pressure sensor for altitude in it.

Where ever you put it just make sure it's earthed. Shouldn't seal it up thou ,it has a pressure sensor for altitude in it.

that was one of my other questions actually will keep that in mind, a simple earth strap/wire be ok if it can't be mounted to metal?

cheers
bryan

Latest posts

Back