285/75 on 16x7?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres heaps of info on this if you search , but in short , it will rub on a D40 , but yes it will fit on a 7 inch rim , but the size it should go on is 8-9 and it will prematurely ware in the centre , fitted to a 7

If you look on say the Mickey Thompson web site it will say rim size required for 285/75/16 is a 7.5" rim, as you can't really get that size most people say its best to go to an 8" rim, but as mentioned above you can and heaps of people do fit them to the stock 7" rims.
I also believe that if the tyre pressure is adjusted corectly you can get them to wear ok

I've been running 285's on the stock 7" alloys for too long. They've worn in the centre due to them 'ballooning' to get onto the rim.

I'd never run a new set of 285's on 7" rims, you'll only get 50% of the life of the tyre.

I've been running 285's on the stock 7" alloys for too long. They've worn in the centre due to them 'ballooning' to get onto the rim.

I'd never run a new set of 285's on 7" rims, you'll only get 50% of the life of the tyre.

How much air pressure do you run?

About 30 in the front and 20 something in the rear. I've deflated them down to about 14 psi off road and they still don't bulge up much more than they already were. Plus having them always bulging off road puts the sidewalls at greater risk of being staked.

About 30 in the front and 20 something in the rear. I've deflated them down to about 14 psi off road and they still don't bulge up much more than they already were. Plus having them always bulging off road puts the sidewalls at greater risk of being staked.

That's why I reckon that if I have to go to a bigger tyre size I'd go for 255/85 on standard rims like the coopers S/T sure trac.

Cheers

Yep, or get wider rims, one set for the bush, one set for the city.

I've decided to go 255/85 with 7" rims, they give you the height and keep the tyre width the same as stock tyres, less rolling resistance as well. Only problem is, you're pretty limited to which manufacturers you can use, not many produce tyres in that size.

Max are you going to have them on a " spare set of rims " ? , if not and your jumping from 255 to 285 , your sure going to notice it in economy and performance terms

Latest posts

Back