EGR/Butterfly Mod Super Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remove the heat shield on the turbo.

Under that you will see the pipe and the plate only goes one way.

Dave.

It's in one of the pics at the start of this thread, I'm doing it tomorrow, just printed it out. Think it's the 3rd picture of the 5 in a row... you'll see it...

i just put a steel blanking plate in position number 1 in those pics, didnt bother bout removing heat sheilds or anything, or blocking number 2....
plus of course moved the vacuum lines

Cheers harri3, those cad drawings are tops!! so simple to understand, just did mine then, real impressed with the response now and how the flat spot is gone!

recomend to everyone with a ZD30 who is undecisive about doing it

Do you need to put a gasket or gasket goo on either side of the plate if blocking at the inlet. Can you re-use the old gasket. And are all the fittings to change the vac hoses allready there or do you need to buy a tee piece
Cheers Stu

if i realy went to town and removed the butterflys from inside aswell as fitting the blanking plate would this work ?
(our 2.5di transits have a butterfly and egr setup operated by rod to throtle linkage,i just stripped all rods off undo 2 tor-x screws and buterfly slides out of its spindle)

if i realy went to town and removed the butterflys from inside aswell as fitting the blanking plate would this work ?
no.
you loose smooth engine shutoff and overboost shut off the engine may have.

Do you have to do the butterfly mod when blocking the egr, or can you block the egr first then do butterfly down the track? cheers in advance

Brett

highly recommended to do both at the same time. butterfly mod is so easy you might as well just do it at the same time.

Are you able to let me know what exactly i need to buy to do this butterfly mod if anything? Away for work and not near car, if i can get an idea of what i need, will get the missus to organize it. Just made my blocking plate from 2mm stainless steel.

Cheers
Brett

butterfly mod

hi im new to the forum

was just wanting to know if the butterfly mood and plate will make a differnce to my vehicle at all as i have already chiped it

hi i just did this and for some reason it doesnt start properly any ideas thanks. got it working just had the hoses around the wrong way good mod tho happy with it.is it better to take the swirl plug out or not

Last edited:
Re: butterfly mod

cooko said:
hi im new to the forum

was just wanting to know if the butterfly mood and plate will make a differnce to my vehicle at all as i have already chiped it

Read the forums and use search.....
n00bs.... Ggrrr

Since doing the EGR Mod i have changed my oil twice - 2nd time just last week. Ive noticed that my oil stays oil for longer and doesnt go black straight away when i turn the car over. Its been a week and is still oil. EGR Mod is doing wonders for your engine.

Vacuum Hose Size

I was wondering, before I undertake this mod, what size the vacuum hose is? I might get some just in case I break an existing one. Thankyou

Latest posts

Back