navara 07 d40 limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal ram

Reaction score
Hi Guys. i have a nissan navara d40 going into limp mode. i have changed the scv, fuel pressure valve , Mafs , genuine diesel filter and a fuel pump reset, still going into limp mode.
Took it to nissan chatswood for a scan and came up with Throttle Body. i cleaned the throttle body my self but to no avail. By the way no engine light comes on too.
i read a thread here posted in 2017 and had similar issues and he changed the Exhaust Gas temperature sensor. and fixed the issue.
Does anyone have the same issue ? Any input welcome and thank you.

Are you getting check engine light or just a major lack of power?

I have a 2007 d40 STX and i have had limp mode, caused by faulty SCV

Also ive had what felt like limp mode, but was lack of turbo boost caused by cracked and leaking vacuum lines to the turbo boost control solenoid

I recommend check all vacuum lines. The d40 rubber vacuum lines are shocking for perishing and cracking

Replace with silicone vacuum tubes from autobarn or the like if they are the problem

^^ like Czechmate said ^^

If that doesn't work............... check all of your cooling system. Nothing sends a ECU into limp mode quicker than a faulty cooling system.

Its good to have a cheap $40 scan tool . when you get a fault just plug the tool into the main ecu plug and let the tool read the fault and also clear any faults. i have a Konnwei scan tool and its great.

Hi Guys.
Thanks for your inputs. Chzekmate , i'm not getting any light , just goes into limp mode while driving . It usually happens as i'm easing off the speed. Scv changed and still in limping also had it checked for leaks and the mechanic said it's pretty tight no leaks. He also checked the Turbo actuator and it's working fine.
I've ordered the EGT sensor and will get it changed and see what happens . Will keep u posted. Thank you all for your replies.

The SCV fault usually occurs when you're applying power, not backing off. It's usually "fixed" by turning the car off and back on again (while stopped) and may be alleviated for a short time by loosening the fuel cap.

I'd use a monitoring tool to watch the boost pressure. You might have boost issues, but if not, you may also have an EGR valve that's flooding the intake.

True "limp mode" results in the car being limited to about 80km/h, the engine refusing to rev much over 2,000rpm. We experienced this a couple of times with our DPF issues and it did feel like the car was underpowered, but it wasn't the same as the gutless feeling of when the turbocharger stops working (which we've also had, but could still rev the engine over 2,000rpm although with clouds of black smoke).

Not quite the same symptoms was more of a misfire under load, but another thing to check is the fuel primer bulb. My 07 model had a cracked bulb and it was leaking. My guess is that under load it sucked air in which caused the misfire and made it hard to start after sitting around for more than half an hour. I found it was cracked and leaking after feeling diesel on it. While waiting for the part a bit of repair tape helped prevent the issue.

Latest posts

Back