body lift queries? Is yours legal?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navaraqld

Reaction score
Has anyone here had a body lift approved by Queensland Transport??

I'm looking at installing a 50mm Zordo's kit.

I have read about the process on this forum and am wondering how many of you have gone through with it? (Mod form/pits)

At the moment I have a D40 RX Dual Cab Thai. 265/75/R16's and 40mm OME Suspension upgrade. (also, ARB Bar, Alloy Tray, Arb Rack, Snorkel) I am concerned that with filling out the vehicle modification form and driving over the pits they might pick on these improvements? Has anyone had a similar experience?

To those of you that have a body lift did you have to make any further modifications? (lift bull bar etc.) How have they held up touring and offroad? Would you recommend this modification?

I DIdnt bother, it's barely noticeable and would only take half an hour to pull out.
Only thing that need modding is the engine cover and to remove the bottom fan guard, bullbar will also need to be lifted if you don't want the dirty big hole. I wouldn't bother about a body lift tho unless your running 33's.

"apparently" in Qld it is legal, you need to contact your transport department to get permission.
In NSW they HAVE to be engineered and certified. I'm going through it at the moment.
Vic I believe they are illegal. But could be wrong.

There is a stickie thread in the d22 body and chassis section on body lifts in Qld. Yes they are legal. No don't need engineer cert. yes will need TMR to inspect vehicle

Latest posts

Back