Help with wheel fitment/offset d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilryano

Reaction score
I have a set of 285/75/16 all terrain tyres on my standard navara wheels. The car also has a 2 inch lift.

I want to keep the tyres but change the wheels to a set of black sunraysia's. What offset and width will I need? my local tyre centre reckon I will need a 16x8 wheel which they say only comes in a +20 offset and they would stick out past the arches..?

Cheers

I have a set of 285/75/16 all terrain tyres on my standard navara wheels. The car also has a 2 inch lift.

I want to keep the tyres but change the wheels to a set of black sunraysia's. What offset and width will I need? my local tyre centre reckon I will need a 16x8 wheel which they say only comes in a +20 offset and they would stick out past the arches..?

Cheers
285 on stock rims ain't good mate, you DO need 8inch rims. I am running them on 0 offset and they are sticking out a little bit , not enough to so far cause dramas.

I think they tyre shops right, ive never heard of sunnys in +40 offset, 285s should be on 8 inch rims!

Yes they will stick out just a bit, not a heap though, ive had +20s and now have 0s.

The more nagative u go the higher chance of guard fouling, my 285s on 0s were fine around town but scrubbed offroad.

The tyre dealer that fitted 285's to a 7 inch rim would get his arse kicked should anything arise from his malpractice. Even if you aired down a little in soft sand the risk of that tyre comming off the rim is very high.

Cheers guys. I only recently bought the car and they were the rims that were fitted. Tbh I was only changing them because I think the navara rims look pretty shit but knowing it's unsafe gives me all the more reason to change them.

I know very little about offsets but am I right in saying the 0 offset is my best bet? I've found a couple of sets on ebay so they are obviously available. Roughly how much will they stick out pass the arches?

Cheers

2011 navara had zero offset put on mine just a few weeks back had worst steering wheel shake ever. Long story short ended up being to far out the zeros I'm talking about. +20 rims were fitted and fixed the issue. They sit almost perfectly flush with the body work

I cant see how offset has anything to do with steering wheel shake.

Wheel balance is normally the cause.

2011 navara had zero offset put on mine just a few weeks back had worst steering wheel shake ever. Long story short ended up being to far out the zeros I'm talking about. +20 rims were fitted and fixed the issue. They sit almost perfectly flush with the body work
If you retained the same tyres the problem was the rims you had to begin with. As Ben metioned the offset has no ill effect on balance.

Latest posts

Back