EGT/Pyro and boost gauge advice?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastik86

Reaction score
G'day everyone. First time poster and not a mechanical genius but like having a crack myself anyways, so please be gentle!

As the title suggests I'm after some advice to do with EGT pyro gauge selection.

I've narrowed it down to two brands of gauge and three models. The Autometer gauges are my preference, however the Phantom II model only has pyro gauges in Fahrenheit, whereas the Cobalt model has Celcius buy only up to 900deg. The VDO digital display goes up to 1200 deg. Celcius.

Thinking 900deg Celcius is not a high enough range but unsure? The only problem with the Phantom II is trying to do the calculation on the go (which I'm sure in time I'll only need to look and know what it is in Celcius).

Also going to chuck a matching boost gauge in and have been reading about T-ing into the line that goes to the MAP sensor? Saw this on eBay http://bit.ly/1jHCtPV . Wondering if it will work or T-ing the hose would be easier, etc.

Both will be in a dual pillar pod, any recommendations on one? The ones on eBay made for the D22 are asking crack prices.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

900c is fine fr a diesel. max egt will be 800-850. the 1200 ones are for petrols.

the patrol adapter doesn't fit the navara zd30.

Probably should have put this in the original post/question (apologies!!)

Mechanical or Electric gauges best?

good questions mate, i just brought an exhaust which is waiting for me at home to be fitted so now im in the market for a pyro, but i wanted a white faced one so it keeps with the dash, anyone got a white pyro in metric?

Cheers dylan

Sounds good, I'm looking at an exhaust when I've got a bit of spare coin.

Autometer Ultra-Lite have a white face
See here http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=260380747966

The reason I'm tossing up the Autometer Phantom II Pyrometer in the farenheit scale is because they have a white face and change to black at night with the headlightsbon, much like the cluster. Unfortunately they don't make the Phantom II in Celcius :(

VDO make a white faced Pyro too, I think but not 100%

good questions mate, i just brought an exhaust which is waiting for me at home to be fitted so now im in the market for a pyro, but i wanted a white faced one so it keeps with the dash, anyone got a white pyro in metric?

I had one custom one made by Speedhut. White face, orange pointer but glows blue at night. If you go to their website you can customise the face and lighting etc and see what it looks like online. During the day it matches the std dash pretty well. Has "Navara D22" across the face. If you search for pillar pod, you may see a post of mine with a pic.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_26
Hi guys
Long time reader but first time poster.
This post has come at a good time as I've been tossing up options as well.
Is anyone using Auber gauges and those of you who are what are you views on these gauges.
If I go this option the plan is to get a DIN blanking plate and mount them below the radio.

I've got autometer c2 in mine, is in deg f but you get used to it, in the dump pipe you probably don't want to go much over 1000f, which is about 530c, that's what I work on anyway.....

Here's a pic,

Thanks bods. They look sweet too. What colour backlighting do they have at night/headlights on?

Also where did you get the pillar pod?

I have 4 auberins guages in my nav, cannot fault them. easy to wire up and to program. mine sit on my dash mat with some velcro to keep them in place

i have a couple of aubrins sitting on the dash. however i get problems as the gauges overheat sitting in the sun. i'll hvae to relocate or make a cooler pod for them.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_26
Hi guys
Long time reader but first time poster.
This post has come at a good time as I've been tossing up options as well.
Is anyone using Auber gauges and those of you who are what are you views on these gauges.
If I go this option the plan is to get a DIN blanking plate and mount them below the radio.

Surely they would fit, when I bought my Nav the bloke had the GME UHF stuck in their and the gauges look smaller than that is... Hope I'm not wrong for your sake!

They have blue led backlighting, I had to put a resistor in each feed to dim them down a bit so they didn't blind you at night...

I got it from extreme limits offroad, they used to only come in black and you had to paint them yourself, but it looks like they do painted ones now too, they are a fair bit cheaper than what they were when I got mine, I think they used to be around 200 bucks....

If I was going to get one now, I'd probably put a 3 gauge pod in and put either oil pressure or oil temp as well as boost and egt...…....

Here's the 3 gauge one http://www.extremelimitsoffroad.com...-pod-3-gauge-unpainted-nissan-navara-d22.html
And the 2 gauge http://www.extremelimitsoffroad.com...d-dual/pillar-pod-2-gauge-unpainted-3442.html

Ah righto, I was trying to avoid those as I found a few guys on here picked up universal pillar pods and trimmed them a bit for $20 to $30 off eBay as opposed to the $120 those are fetching.

Do they fit real well or bit off piss farting around? I'd almost go one for convenience if they were a perfect fit, but would be a shame to outlay that much cash for convenience sake and they are still a prick to fit

Surely they would fit, when I bought my Nav the bloke had the GME UHF stuck in their and the gauges look smaller than that is... Hope I'm not wrong for your sake!

Hi mate,I was sure they'll fit where iI want to put them,was mainly interested to hear feedback from those using them.

Thanks to dilmah,I think I will go ahead with the Auber gauges.

P.S sorry for jumping in on this thread.

anyone got pics of these digital gauges in the cab? would one fit in the pointless slot on the dash?

Mate they're 2" wide x 1" high x 3"deep.
Doubt that they will fit straight in the hole without enlarging it.
Other problems I could see would be clear sight to these slots and if the hole was enlarged would the dash pad start to seperate because I think the dash is pastic welded around the seam of the existing rectangular hole.
Also being 3" (75mm) deep you would have to make sure there was enough depth behind the dash to acomodate the gauge and harness.

Latest posts

Back