Usa 4.0

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh9359

Reaction score
One week to go before we are off,this time its Vegas for a few days r&r then Utahs Zion,Bryce canyon,Capital reef & Arches Nat parks then though Colorado heading Northeast to Maine back to Kokadjo for a few days,hitting every Cabelas and Scheels store on the way as well anything else of interest we see.After that its up into Canada,New Brunswick,Nova Scotia[cape Breton] and PEI.Loosely planned after that down east coast to DC then back to Colorado we want to do the Rocky Mountain Trail if its open by then,Into Reno for a couple of days before leaving on 20th june back to Au.Hugh

Ok Huge! Wow sounds great. Keeps up posted.

Haven't seen you pop in while. Still into those Nth. American trips I see. I know it's hard to beat. Dare I say it the N.A continent has a lot more diversity than this country has to offer. The one we done last year was mega. Was surreal driving on a river with channel markers on each side and ocean going tugs stuck fast in the ice for winter.

Pics to follow.

Ok Huge! Wow sounds great. Keeps up posted.

Haven't seen you pop in while. Still into those Nth. American trips I see. I know it's hard to beat. Dare I say it the N.A continent has a lot more diversity than this country has to offer. The one we done last year was mega. Was surreal driving on a river with channel markers on each side and ocean going tugs stuck fast in the ice for winter.

Pics to follow.

Them pics I want to see,posted a few pics while I was away last year but got to caught in the trip to continue and when I got back too busy working saving for next one.Will try and be a bit more on the ball this trip but not promising anything.:saint:

Ok Hugh, Pics as requested.

First of all a little ice fishing

A little snow mobiling.

Just for fun some dog sledding.

Then on the way up, crossing the Klondite river and over the Richardson range. On the Dempster Highway.

Attachments

• IMG_1351.JPG
    IMG_1351.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1390.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 95
Some more this time on the Tuktuktoytuk Ice road. Mackenzie river and last part over the Beaufort Sea. That's right driving on the ocean. The first part of the river is a little slippery but as you head out into the ocean the because of the salt it's fairly grippy- for ice that is.

Temps here are are not so bad at around -25 or so. Back in Dawson when we left it was -40 actually I think it was colder but the temp gauge didn't read any lower.

The vehicle was nothing special just a standard V6 Canadian built AWD Chevy Equinox. Fitted with block, battery heater and Goodyear Blizark Tyers. I was going hire an 4x4 F250 or similar but a local advised me it was a good choice as having all wheel drive and lower center of gravity makes them easier to drive in such conditions. In fact on normal covered snow road you would have to do something stupid to loose it.

There is a longer Ice road but this is the longest public ice road in the world and shortly it will no longer exist as they are building an all weather road to Tuk. It featured in Ice Road Truckers for a few episodes but believe me it is nowhere near as scary as they make it out to be. In fact the show is a joke.

That second to last shot is a Pingo an unusual formation of ice being pushed up from the permafrost. Supposedly the only place in the world they exist.

I'll post a few more if I have time this evening.

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1475.JPG
    IMG_1475.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1484.JPG
    IMG_1484.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1493.JPG
    IMG_1493.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Usa

I have tried to talk missus into a winter trip but no go,cany blame her when we miss a piece of our winter here,as well of a lot more animals being awake.Hugh

Latest posts

Back