YD25 rough idle when heat switch on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stxowner

Reaction score
So I am looking at buying a 2009 D22 with 190K and when I was checking it out the engine seems to run a bit rough when at fast idle using the heat switch. Now im in Perth so likely never need to use this but wondering if this is normal or not. The guy selling it says thats how they are but...
Engine seems to run fine otherwise, seems to have plenty of power, no noticeable smoke from exhaust when driving hard etc
Appreciate the forums thoughts on whether this is an issue or not and potential cause & remedy
Cheers

I have a 2010 with just over 100k on it and it doesn't run rough when using the fast idle switch. It may just need an injector cleaner run through it.

I’ve been using the fast idle a bit lately when I was installing dual battery isolator, mine doesn’t run rough 2012 with 100k on it.

Can't say i have ever noticed mine running rough with the heat switch on. 210,000ks on mine. New injectors at 160,000ks. As bods said injector cleaner would be a good start.

The heat switch is also associated with the neutral position switch, never known of such an issue though. Bringing the revs up manually without the switch would rule out an electrical possibility.

Latest posts

Back