Is this the right wire to cut on my alternator?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T/\C

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402024499.776387.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the right one - it's the right colour. I wouldn't cut it if possible - as I recall, one of the guys removed it from the plug in such a way that it could be returned to normal if needed. That's what I'd try to do. Let's hope they come along with a pic!

Yep, just pull the one on the fuse box closest to the battery. Works great and you can put it back in easily if you ever need.

The white plug on the back of the negative battery terminal pole does the job. Unplug it and you'll then get a constant 14.1 volts all day, every day plus you can plug it back in if required.

Have just got myself a new 2014 Titanium and have a dual battery system in my old 07 V6 which i would like to put in the new car. Has the 2014 got the smart alt fitted to it.

Cheers
Shawn

Very likely Shawn, hopefully yours hasn't been changed too much from the pictures above so you can find the correct wire and gently remove it.

Thanks Tony, is there any way of telling, can i put a meter on the battery to check it.

If you're gently removing the wires from the plug you'll know quick enough. Once the starter battery has been recharged, the smart alternator normally drops the voltage back to mid 12s. If you're still seeing 14V after 10 minutes of driving, you've got the right wire.

The easier fix is to disconnect the little pug on the negative battery terminal. I have that unclipped on my 2013 and it charges perfectly and if I have the battery out of the car or not draining it for awhile I can plug it back in and get slightly better economy

The easier fix is to disconnect the little pug on the negative battery terminal. I have that unclipped on my 2013 and it charges perfectly and if I have the battery out of the car or not draining it for awhile I can plug it back in and get slightly better economy

Batcho, could you put a pic up on which one it is.

Shawno

dont,t need to cut wire

if you are doing this to up the voltage of the alternator all you have to do is turn on your lights. This tricks the alternator in to keeping the volts up.

Latest posts

Back