D40 Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have owned a D40 Navara for around 6 months now and was wondering what other owners were getting on fuel economy around town?

Fuel

Gday, are you sure your calculating your fuel economy correctly? When my light comes on i have about 12litres left in the tank & currently getting about 650km which works out to be roughly 10.6L/100km. I'm driving a 6spd manual diesel?? Mine is slowly getting better. If you getting that from an Auto your one in a million...

D40 fuel economy

Hi Dazza welcome to the forum! Im getting around 10 litres per 100ks combined around town and highway. About 650 to 680 km before the fuel light comes on.

No one doing any towing? I have not done enough non towing driving to measure consumption over a few tanks. Over a few tanks towing I am averaging 16 l/100km. That's 1 to 1.5 worse than my previous Disco - I'm a little disappointed.

2.5 D auto towing 2 tonne pop-top.

PeterD

Last edited:
Fuel comsumption

On a resent trip covering 17000 km towing a camper trailer we averaged between 11 and 12 Ltr's/100km's. The majority of this was on gravel roads thru the Top End and Western Australia. tow vehicle is a 2.5 auto

Cheers Dave:)

Mine is a 2.5 TD auto D40 STR 2007 (stock as a rock)

Town...
585klm to 64ltr = 10.9lt/100km

HWY
667klm to 65ltr = 9.7lt/100km (cruise speed is 110- 120kph)

I recently had a winge to Nissan about the fuel economy of my 2008 2.5 auto diesel Nav D40. Response I got was "Checked fuel consumption figures provided by customer 14l/100kms is within average range for vehicle. Checked for fault codes in system - none evident. Reset pump relearn clear, tested, all OK." Well whatever they did by resetting the pump etc worked....after 2 x trips in excess of 500km each I am now getting 10.4l/100kms - happy with that. I guessing I will see a rise in that over the coming weeks as my canopy, storage syste, lift and 160ltr fuel tank are installed :)

Dont forget that D40 speedo's read 9km's fast.

So 1090km's covered on the odometre is actually 1000km's covered.

Dave.

Hi there,

I have a D40 Manual and Highway I get 745 / 68 litres, when the light comes on. This equates to around 9.12l/100km's and getting better as time goes on.

Cruising speed 110/120

I am yet to do around town calculation but will let you know once I do one.

2008 King cab diesel manual
gettin around 14L/100km worse in town and if i actually drive to get somewhere.

What do u mean? Do they reset everyones ecu? Mine has 15000km on it and they have seen it a lot with warranty issues. should i get them to check again?

Latest posts

Back