DIY Timing Chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.
Whether it is or not now I have concerns about my timing chain. 125K on the clock and Im not sure if it has ever been changed.
I've read through this topic and I read horror stories of this chain issue. D40 engines blowing up at 60-80K miles.
Im going to meet my mechanic this weekend and find out what to do. Now I have one question left. Mine is a 2013 Navara and Euro 5.
I checked this "lubeup" link that Gordon mentioned below but they don't say anything about application. No info of the timing chain kit.
All D40 models have the same kit?
Im just not sure which one to buy.
I found a website where they say there are few versions of this timing chain kits.
https://shop.zedperformance.co.uk/nissan-navara-2.5-yd25ddti-timing-chain-kit

I would rather fit this stronger duplex chain. Has anyone tried this conversion?

many have replaced there worn timing chains with the dual row chain kits as opposed to just replacing with the same stock chain kit. have you looked at [YD25.COM.AU ] they have all the kits available. dont jump into buying anything yet until you find out where this rattle is coming from as i mentioned earlier as someone on this forum will certainly advise you better . also 125k is low k,s so i would think the chain is still in good nick unless the engine has had a hard life , do you know the history of this car ?

Thanks jonney, Im going to see my mechanic this weekend and discuss what to do or what this noise is.
I talked about 125000 miles and not km. It is more than 200K km.
It seems a lot to me if the timing chain has never been changed. And yes.. this is my issue.. I don't know much what service was done to the engine before.
Im the third owner.
I've checked the site you mentioned but yet again.. they don't say anything about differences between these YD25 Navara engines. They seem to sell only one type of timing chain kit. The site I linked says there are 3 different types of timing chain kit for Navara D40 models. They say there was a change in 2012. Mine is year 2013 and Euro 5.

my 07 spanish STX chain snapped at 70,000 kilometres

Serviced lovingly every 5000 ks
Good oil and genuine filters used
Rarely revved above 3000, never revved over 3500

Timing chain snapped cleanly going up a steep hill

PING!

So beware spanish built d40s.. Although i thought by 2013 nissan had improved it at least a bit

we used to insert a large screw driver on the ring gear of the torque convertor and jam it there so the convertor / flywheel wouldn,t turn when you undid the front pulley bolt. not sure if there is an inspection plate somewhere on the bell housing of transmission that you could use to gain access to the flywheel gear or maybe remove the starter motor and jam the gear with a driver as mentioned. failing that you need to use a rattle gun to undo this front pully bolt.

Latest posts

Back