D22 2005 04 build stock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metfast

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been given a 2005 D22 zd30 stock standard.
The book says wheels 16j and tire 205/70/16
what would be the best size tire for highway driving and the best legal size.
Extra ask can any one post pics of original wheels just to make sure i have the right ones.

Hey mate, sound like you have the DX. The slightly upspec STR which was sold alongside it and mechanically identical ran, I think, 255/70/16. I don't know the legalities in WA but you'd have to assume you would have a valid argument running that size.
My dx on the 205R tyres was always about 10kmh too slow doing 100. I assume it had the same speedo drive as the STR. Either that or it was stupidly conservative.

I personally run 265/70/16 and find it to be perfect. This size will also correct your speedo reading!

Last edited:
265/70 r16 is the factory size for the yd25 d22 models, so they will be easy to find. If you only have the steel dx rims, a 265 wide tyre may be too wide for them, unless they are 7" wide.

Hi thanks for the reply yes mine is a DX don't no what the difference is between them, i have now found out that the wheels on this ute are from a Hi lux thou they fit very well. They do not rub any where and have plenty of room around the brakes wheel arch ect, have 225/75/16 wranglers on but getting a bit thin.
Ge

Standard Hi lux so assume they are steel i know they are 16inch width ?.
The said Hi lux is a 2008 mdl

Last edited:
I do find the hand book is very informative, thou as well as tyre placard in the glove box that is now badly worn (did get pic on my ph) i would have thought tyre pressure to be in the book.

Nissan not to forth coming with info thou not as bad as VW, now there is a head ache.

Latest posts

Back