Brake Pads, who has changed em.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Mine are down to 20% Nissan say, I will check anyway.

I am thinking of genuine pads and and em also thinking of Bendix pads.

I dont want them to lock up to easy.

Dave.

I got around to checking them.

There is about 5mm left, so about half worn.

Not bad for 100,000 plus km's.

Dave.

I've had mine changed. tho not by choice. front end is 2nd hand replacement after the accident. the slackers didn't bother to change the pads or anything. one side wore out just one pad.
i think the replacement pads are Bendix.

just be aware there is quite a few different pads (different calipers) for the navaras. i just happen to have one of the least common ones :(

Knowing my luck I will have a odd caliper aswell.

Out of interest what did they cost you Tweake.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are they like compared to the OEM pads.

How much and where did you get em.

Dave.

not sure how much, i usually swipe the keycard and it works and dont pay any attention to prices, but they are fairly good around perth and not bad out bush. i got them thru a mate at Autopro in South Hedland. Doesent help much

I am in the process of changing mine now @ 106,000k mark.

The front right was easy but when it came to the front left the top main pin doesnt slide in and out so when i put the new pads in the caliper wont go on properly because the top sits out to far. Tried loosening it with some WD40, a hammer and it doesnt move. Frustrating.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old ones are back on the LHS. Taking it to a brake place to see if they can get it to move or something

Unless there is some advice here i can use. HELP HELP

10 mins to do one side and spent the last hour and a half this side.

Got Genuine pads, front and rear from NIZZBITS(Garry).

Will fit the rear ones this weekend.....maybe il see how i go with front.

I am in the process of changing mine now @ 106,000k mark.

The front right was easy but when it came to the front left the top main pin doesnt slide in and out so when i put the new pads in the caliper wont go on properly because the top sits out to far. Tried loosening it with some WD40, a hammer and it doesnt move. Frustrating.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old ones are back on the LHS. Taking it to a brake place to see if they can get it to move or something

Unless there is some advice here i can use. HELP HELP

10 mins to do one side and spent the last hour and a half this side.

Got Genuine pads, front and rear from NIZZBITS(Garry).

Will fit the rear ones this weekend.....maybe il see how i go with front.

get a bigger hammer, lol.

in all seriousness, that's all a brake shop will do. they may use a press instead though and then throw some grease on the pins. sounds like the rubber boots that are supposed to stop crap getting in have had it..

^ That worked for mine.

Genuine pads all the way.

Bendix suck and give crap braking.

can you not just realese the pressure off the brake bleeder? and push the pin back in? ive only done brakes once and didnt need to push anything back in it all just slide back in nicely.

it's not the piston he's having trouble with. it is the caliper slide pins. they are what let the whole caliper slide so that the outside brake pad clamps the rotor at the same time as the inside one. basically when you put your foot on the brake the piston pushes the inner pad out, this then in effect pulls the whole caliper in, pressing the outer pad onto the rotor.

the caliper slides are at the top and bottom of the caliper. they have little rubber boots on them to stop water and crap getting in and seizing them up, which is obviously what has happened. they now need to be freed up and lubricated and preferably have the boots replaces to stop it happening again. at least for a while anyway.

it might not sound like a big problem, but if one seizes then the pad can wear at an angle, so you get less life out of them. if they both seize then only the inside pad may be working so it will wear faster, not to mention more load on the disc because only half of it is being used....

yeah thats pretty much it. Leaving it for the next few days...gotta go interstate.

Il tackle it when i get back......new seal and re grease of pin

^ That worked for mine.

Genuine pads all the way.

Bendix suck and give crap braking.

which bendix did you get before? I've got a Bendix one on mine. they only do it in 4WD versions for the D22s. been happy with it.
only reason i went with bendix was it was pretty good in my previous GU patrol and it was about 1/3 the price of a genuine one.

The 4wd pads.

I got shuddering under heavy braking and it would always pull to the left.

Genuine pads, no such problems and it pulls up faster.

The Bendix are in the shed, only had them in for 10,000km's as I hated them.

There is a good write up on www.patrol4x4.com about Bendix pads.

Latest posts

Back