National Parks Unauthorised Driving Offence

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k3vin

Reaction score
Evening all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong area, figured trips & touring would be most suitable to ask the question.

About a month ago, I did a little exploring of Catherine Hill Bay, NSW with a few mates after seeing some youtube videos of some tracks there. All was fine and well until the I received an express post letter in the mail.

Requirement for owner of motor vehicle and others to give information Section 158 of National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974

It is alleged that the driver committed the following offence:

6(2)(a) of the national parks & wildlife regulation 2009, drove a vehicle into Munmorah State Conservation Area on an unauthorized road and entry location.

So in a nutshell, it is asking me to provide in writing that I was the driver and sign it.

What I find rather odd is that a park ranger followed us into the area then disappeared, didn't stop or tell us that we weren't allow here (yes I know, I should of kept an eye out for signs saying no entry, etc).

Just wanted to see if other members have had any similar experience so I may know the potential outcome if similar. I figure it will be a warning but more likely a fine of some sort.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Kevin

Latest posts

Back